Below is an unedited conversation with my very good friend and writing companion, 'Dave'. He has a lovely hilarious website called Dave on the Dole where he posts about the adventures of an unemployed 20something living at home with his parents who don't appreciate his rearranging of their kitchen cabinets. (You should really check it out, especially if you enjoy crude humor and Irish men.)
Enough about him... As you know, I have dozens of interests, one of which happens to be masculine footwear. This story has become a running joke with my friends, and reveals more about me than just my style. Read on to find out why I trashed a perfectly good pair of oxfords (but don't judge my chat grammar, it's horrendous).
Sent at 10:28 AM on Tuesday
me: Have you read the Man Repeller?
I commiserate with her, bc i've always (well, used to) dress differently than other people, not care, wear weird shit
in 8th grade I wrote song lyrics on a pair of pants in permanent marker and wore them to school
i also had pants with comic book faces on them
Dave: ....................................
me: where did i get this shit
I should write this down
Sent at 10:39 AM on Tuesday
Dave: I think you have your next post
me: i wasn't done with that story yet..
BUT WAIT! there's morrrreeee!
(infomercial voice)
i tend to buy manly shoes
i don't know why
when oxford shoes were in style like two years ago, i wore them
black shiny ones
wore them to a bar one night. a guy was chatting me up, super cute, okay convo, yada yada
15 minutes or so into it, he looks down
he sees my shoes
he was going to marry me...until he looked down...at my shoes
Sam was there (my bff)
The guy just stopped. mid sentence. and goes "what are those?"
I tried to explain...i tried to save our marriage
#fail
he walked away
STRAIGHT UP WALKED AWAY
from this beauty!
bc of my shoes!
i threw them out that night
Sent at 10:44 AM on Tuesday
Dave: I'm having a hard time figuring out your thought process for
buying those shoes and his thought process for walking away
me: i bought the shoes bc they were trendy
and i notoriously like manly shoes
he walked away bc they were ugly
and manly

No comments:
Post a Comment
I really appreciate hearing from my readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Peace, love, and milkshakes xo