Tuesday, I asked "What can I do?". Today, I am doing something. A small thing, but I hope my well wishes are felt in the universe by those affected by Monday's Marathon tragedy. Here is a list of a few events I am attempting to attend to benefit Boston's victims.
1. Support MGH buy purchasing this ^ t-shirt from Rue La La! It's cute, and shipping is free!
2. A mediation class, led by Ryan Cunningham, will be held at Back Bay Yoga at 7:30 tonight, proceeds going to One Fund Boston.
3. The Liberty Hotel in Beacon Hill is dedicating its Fashionably Late event tonight to the Marathon. Proceeds to benefit One Fund Boston.
4. Paint Nite (which I've written about previously) is offering a free Art Therapy night on Tuesday, April 23rd. Any donations will also be donated to One Fund Boston.
Events and fundraisers seem to pop up hourly. I'm sure by the time I post this, there will be 2 more events I want to attend. It feels great to see the camaraderie of my new city, and the outpouring of support from around the country. This is not just Boston's tragedy.
This morning, I was able to watch the Marathon memorial interfaith service at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross on live stream. It was a very inspirational hour of speeches, music, and prayer. Seeing all different religious and political leaders on stage together, and hearing their common faith in the people of Boston, moved me to tears. I'm having trouble locating a video of the entire service, but here is a clip of President Obama's speech. Prepare to be inspired. "Bet on it!"


No comments:
Post a Comment
I really appreciate hearing from my readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Peace, love, and milkshakes xo