25 April 2013

Brooklyn Flea Market

Two weeks ago I took a sporadic trip to The Big Apple to visit friends and family.  I had been missing "the city" and everything that goes with it; the smell of Nuts for Nuts and cigarettes, the jerky cab rides, and bars with impossible lines.  New York City is just on another level with everything, and as I've said before and will continue to say, Boston and NYC are incomparable.

Anywho, the main focus of my trip was spending Saturday with my dear friend Terri at Brooklyn Flea.  (Obviously it's so cool, they dropped the 'market'.) I love all things vintage, there's nothing like a good hunt through some junk for a treasure.  Here's what I wore: vintage skirt from Garment District, MizMooz boots, Gap Favorite black tee, Gap leather jacket, green vest/cape from LIT, vintage $6 black leather bag. (Plus, really pasty legs and poor-girl ombre hair.)



We spent the afternoon milling about, enjoying the cloudy weather (not), and eating corn on a stick.


I didn't turn up with anything, which came as a huge shock, but mostly because anything bigger than jewelry would have been a hassle to lug on the train.  My favorite things are pictured below: NYC imagery printed on wood blocks, nautical lighting, and ceiling tiles from old buildings.


I especially love people watching at flea markets.  It's the best place for it.  When I was little and my family took long car rides, my father would ask us to make up stories about the people driving by.  There were no PS3 handheld thingys or cell phones back then.  Now, my mind constantly wanders to that place of imagination, especially when surrounded by interesting characters at a flea.  Get a load of these two...

That's Terri and I, just a bunch of losers taking a selfie. Don't you love Terri's white denim, orange loafers, and Rebecca Minkoff neon bag!?!
It was a fantastic afternoon, that proved the best part of a flea market is just being there. Oh, and the corn on a stick, man that was tasty.  I'd recommend Brooklyn Flea to anyone making a trip out there, or better yet make it your destination, it was my first time ever in the borough!

P.S. I did want to buy this sign, just to push my man's buttons. Muahaha!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing from my readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Peace, love, and milkshakes xo