27 March 2013

WELCOME to Love and Milkshakes!

love-and-milk-shakes: noun (1) from the salutation "peace, love, and milkshakes". the combination of the cornerstone of life, and a brilliant beverage. because Kaitlin loves love, and a cold chocolate milkshake.



Hi!  I am so glad you made it! (I'm glad I did too.)  Welcome to Love and Milkshakes.  It's been a 5 month journey to get to this point and I am thrilled to finally share!  

I started this blog as "iDate an Engineer" back in October.  It all started when I wrote a funny piece about the rules of dating an SWE (software engineer for you non-nerdos), and emailed it to my friend Denis.  In 15 minutes he turned around with my new blog name, set up on Wordpress, and matching email.  I started slow, switched to Blogspot, and rarely posted.  It was hard to find my feet.  I liked my blog and the excitement of writing, but I wasn't in love with it.  I swapped the format for a third time, finally created a header, but I still was not in love.  After a long discussion yesterday with Denis, we decided the blog had moved away from its original idea, and a new title would reinvigorate me.  It sure did!  I hope you'll scroll back through some old posts too (they're wonderful, I promise). 

Don't worry, The Engineer and I are still happily dating and he will make appearances in lots of posts! I intend to keep my entries similar to the past, just adding more and covering a variety of topics.  My interests are plentiful, and my life is full of adventures.  Expect to see a wide variety, including cooking, shopping, yoga, surfing, nerdy movie reviews, and random comments on the weather.  Now I just need to enlist the help of my friends (looking at you Claire and Rebecca) for help with a snazzy logo!


Thank you so much for visiting Love and Milkshakes!



PS- The funny part is, I'm allergic to milk. Soy chocolate shake, please!


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congrats on finally feeling ready to share this with a larger group. You know I'll be following! And of course I am happy to help with ANY graphics stuff at all, just tell me what you need!

    xo, Claire

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing from my readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Peace, love, and milkshakes xo