08 March 2013

Getaway

   In our last big hurrah for the winter season, The Engineer and I went on a five day getaway to Sugarbush Mountain.  We planned this trip months ago, when a Google Offer popped up for discounted lift tickets at the Vermont resort.  I am so glad we finally got around to taking the time off to go!
   For a solid three days we did nothing but ski, sleep, and relax with hot chocolate and beer.  We treated ourselves to one fancy dinner date at Timbers Restaurant at the base of the mountain on Monday.  It was a fantastic meal and I fell in love with the candlelight, rustic colors, and sky-high ceiling.  While sitting by the fireplace for some apres ski cocktails on Tuesday, we started chatting with a woman who frequents the area.  She suggested we check out a favorite spot of the locals, The Hyde Away Inn.  Although we didn't feel quite cool enough to hang out in the pub, it happened to be Taco Tuesday, so we ate like kings for about $45!
   I highly recommend Sugarbush to any level skier.  It was more relaxed and cozy than a lot of NE ski resorts we've been too.  Or maybe that's just the blessing of mid-week skiing...
I'd rather leave in one piece, please...

We found a secret hut in the woods! Scattered with beers, of course

Peppermint Patty is my new favorite drink

Moose spotting!

Hello mountains and mountains and mountains! [So nerdy in my gear]
   I thought this was my last ski post, I swear. But, a storm is currently dumping 10+ inches on Boston...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing from my readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Peace, love, and milkshakes xo