This whole visiting parents phenom got me thinking about a racdical new business model for a bed and breakfast. I call it "The Empty Nest".
At The Empty Nest B&B, couples who have no more childeren at home to take care of can spend a weekend tending to pretend offspring. I'll design little apartments with leaky faucets, overdue laundry, dirty dishes, and pets the kids have left behind. Parents will be overjoyed to come to my little retreat and take care of something, since it is missing in the own home. They can stock the kitchen with groceries and the bathroom with toilet paper. They can bring 5 cases of water and claim there was a super sale at Costco. Upon booking their vacation, couples could express interest in their favorite chores, so that I may set up their room accordingly. Maybe they'd even try to go out on a Saturday night date, but get a phone call from a frantic nanny that cuts it short. The possiblites are endless! The Empty Nest B&B would be a haven for all those mom and dads whose children 'no longer need them'.
I think my Mom would pay top dollar to stay at The Empty Nest for a weekend. When my parents claim to love their empty nest in New York, I laugh. There's nothing they love more than having my sister and brother-in-law over for dinner, babysitting nieces and nephews, and visiting me in Boston (obviously). Why not just create a resort they could go visit to experience all this without the hassle of actually dealing with their biological children!?
~~~~~~~~
No comments:
Post a Comment
I really appreciate hearing from my readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Peace, love, and milkshakes xo