31 January 2013

Weather

   Everyone in the Northeast right now is like "OMG, have you seen this weather we're having?!?"
  
  Making small talk about the weather is annoying. It's a fall back conversation for awkward elevator rides, first dates, and co-workers with which you share nothing in common besides living under the sun.  I have these chats daily. Mind numbing banter has been the cornerstone of my past two jobs (sad, I know) so I've become quite good at it.  (I've also learned that a smiley tone of voice will get you through anything.)
   Anywho, back to the weather. It really is quite strange today here in Boston.  Gusty winds and rain this morning for my commute, and now humidity that reminds me of July.  A reminder of surfing, weekends in Maine, mountain biking, alfresco dinners, and stumbling home late-night without a coat.  The good life.  
   My engineer loves to get outside and play in the grass even more than I do (which is fantastic considering I enjoyed napping on the quad in college).  Thanks to him, last summer I kicked surfing, visiting Maine, and riding-in-a-Jeep-with-the-top-down off my bucket listI'm utterly ancy in my pantsy to see what summer '13 will bring. 
   
   I couldn't help but Pic Stitch a few summer moments together to share...
Clockwise from right: catching rays on The Esplanade, riding in the bed of a pick-up, driving to Nahant Beach, strolling downtown with my ladies, walking the jetty in Wells, ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing from my readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Peace, love, and milkshakes xo