14 February 2013

A Valentine's Day Rant

"I love love."

   I've been known to say that- at bars, at work, trying to explain the type of person I am...When your best friend's boyfriend quotes you on saying something, it kinda becomes your motto.  I mean, how could you not love love?! It's magical. I'm talking love of all things, any things, love anything you want, just love it! With everything you have, just throw yourself and share your passion.  Loving makes life worth living. (Did I just turn into Dr. Seuss?)

   My love of love, in turn, makes me love hearts. I'll buy anything containing a heart or the word "love" (I also love words, in general).  Corny, I know. It's becoming a collection.  In high school photography class, my final project involved tons of pictures of hearts.  Part of it still hangs on my bedroom wall.  It inspires me to see love everywhere. 


   This morning, my Dad (#1 Valentine) emailed my sister and I a picture.  The leafy plant in his office had sprouted a small red flower over night. "How did it know today was Valentine's Day?" he asked. "Mother Nature is so darn smart." It is little moments like this that make me smile from the inside out. 



Happy Valentine's Day! 
....and remember, if nothing else, chocolate is on sale tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing from my readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Peace, love, and milkshakes xo